By Maurice Matloff
Read Online or Download American Military History: 1775-1902 PDF
Best military books
From the instant that the M4 Sherman have been matched opposed to German Panther and Tiger tanks, the yankee tank crews had recognized that their autos have been outclassed via the competition. What used to be wanted used to be a extra strong tank, extra seriously armed and armored, which could take-on the strong German panzers on a extra equivalent footing.
Even though the interval among the top of the Napoleonic Wars and the Crimean battle has been referred to as 'the lengthy peace', so far as the British military (and the Honourable East India corporation) have been involved, it used to be to work out a nearly continuous sequence of campaigns and expeditions internationally. such a lot have been fought within the defence, or extra enlargement, of the British Empire.
Phantom II: A Pictorial historical past of the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II КНИГИ ;ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ Phantom II: A Pictorial heritage of the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II (SS 6010)ByLou DrendelPublisher:Squadron/Signal Publications1977 64PagesISBN: B0006CVU7EPDF5 MBI have continuously been an plane "nut".
So much of what has ever been to be had within the open literature concerning the results of nuclear guns was once on hand within the 1962 and 1964 variants of this gem of a booklet. The language is obvious sufficient for a journalist writing approximately "what might take place if. .. " and specific adequate, together with equations, for the main exacting scientist.
- The Coldest Winter: America and the Korean War
- How to Lose a War at Sea: Foolish Plans and Great Naval Blunders
- Military Vehicles: 300 of the Worlds Most Effective Military Vehicles
- Ambush Alley: The Most Extraordinary Battle of the Iraq War
- Charge!: History's Greatest Military Speeches
- FM 7-93 Long-Range Surveillance Unit Operations
Extra info for American Military History: 1775-1902
The Mexican War, 1846-1847 167 21. The Civil War Area of Operations 186 22. The Eastern Theater, 1861-1865 194 23. Battle of Bull Run, 16-21 July 1861 198 24. Battle of Shiloh, 6 April 1862 214 25. The Battle of Stones River, 31 December 1862 218 26. Peninsular Campaign, May-July 1862 222 27. Battle of Fredericksburg, 13 December 1862 231 28. The Civil War, 1861-1865 234 29. The Vicksburg Campaign, March-July 1863 238 30. Battle of Chancellorsville, 1-6 May 1863 242 31. Battle of Gettysburg, 1-3 July 1863 250 32.
In Sir Edward Creasy's The Fifteen Decisive Battles of the World, ten were won by the defending commander. Some of the most notable actions in American military history have involved the defenseJackson's stand at New Orleans, the retreat of Chief Joseph and the Nez Perces, McAuliffe at Bastogne, and Ridgway's spoiling tactics on the stabilized front in Korea. The principle of mass, often called concentration, probably offers more examples of successful and unsuccessful application than any other.
1. Colonial North America 30 2. Braddock's Expedition, June-July 1755 34 3. The Boston-Concord Area 45 4. American Attack on Quebec 51 5. Retreat From New York, October-December 1776 64 6. Attack on Trenton, 26 December 1776 68 7. Pennsylvania-New Jersey Area of Operations, 1777-1778 73 8. Battle of Germantown, 4 October 1777 74 9. Burgoyne's March on Albany, June-October 1777 76 10. The Southern Area, 1778-1781 86 11. Battle of the Cowpens, 17 January 1781 92 Page xi Page 12. Concentration of Forces at Yorktown, April-October 1781 95 13.
American Military History: 1775-1902 by Maurice Matloff