By Michael E. Maragoudakis (auth.), Michael E. Maragoudakis (eds.)
Proceedings of the fifth Biannual overseas assembly on Angiogenesis: From the Molecular to Integrative Pharmacology, held July 1-7, 1999, in Crete, Greece.
Angiogenesis, as a tremendously advanced organic strategy, has challenged researchers from all simple medical disciplines, together with pharmacology, biochemistry, body structure, embryology and anatomy. the importance of this phenomenon for the research of illness states has additionally clinicians from a few expert fields. This multidisciplinary paintings displays the expansion of know-how of ideas similar to angiogenesis dependent treatment, the big healing and advertisement capability of which has attracted significant study and funding in recent times. This quantity, which goals to bridge the distance among easy and medical method and knowing, provides the main updated advancements during this field.
Read Online or Download Angiogenesis: From the Molecular to Integrative Pharmacology PDF
Similar pharmacology books
Haben Sie Fragen zu Arzneimittelauswahl und Therapieführung? Die thirteen. Auflage des Taschenbuchs der Arzneibehandlung bietet zuverlässige Informationen zur genauen Beurteilung der therapeutischen Wirkung der 1. 500 meistverwendeten Arzneimittel. In 24 krankheitsbezogenen Kapiteln werden die Prinzipien der Arzneitherapie auf der foundation von Pathogenese und Symptomatik dargestellt (Teil I).
Methadone has been used effectively as a substitution agent for heroin dependency for greater than 30 years. due to its luck, different powerful equipment of therapy were overlooked. proven as a key textual content on all treatment plans for drug misusers, group remedy of Drug Misuse: greater than Methadone has been hugely praised for its functional orientation according to an excellent study historical past.
Offers a framework for addressing vital philosophical matters in psychiatry and psychopharmacology.
- Handbook of Pharmaceutical Analysis (Drugs and the Pharmaceutical Sciences: a Series of Textbooks and Monographs)
- Integrated Pharmacology 1st Ed.
- Prescription and Non-prescription Drugs (Point Counterpoint)
- Biomarkers and Biosensors: Detection and Binding to Biosensor Surfaces and Biomarkers Applications
- In Silico Methods for Predicting Drug Toxicity
- Antiepileptic Drug Discovery: Novel Approaches
Extra info for Angiogenesis: From the Molecular to Integrative Pharmacology
Cell BIOI. 109:811-822. , 1997, Modulation of fibroblast growth factor-2 receptor binding, dimerization, signaling and angiogenic activity by a synthetic heparin-mimicking poly anionic compound, J. Clm. Invest. 99: 1565-1575. , 1989, In vitro angiogenesis on the human amniotic membrane: requirement for basic fibroblast growth factor, J. Cell Bioi. 108:671-682. , 1991a, Expression of the urokinase receptor in vascular endothelial cells is stimulated by basic fibroblast growth factor, J. Cell BioI.
29. , Sullivan A. , Isner J. , et al. ,1997, Vascular endothelial growth factor inhibits endothelial cell apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factor-alpha: balance between growth and death signals [published erratum appears in J Mol Cell Cardiol1998 Apr;30(4):897]. J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 29: 1321-30. ON THE MECHANISM(S) OF THROMBIN INDUCED ANGIOGENESIS Michael E. Maragoudakis and Nikos E. Tsopanoglou University ofPatras Medical School, Department ofPharmacology, 261 10 Rio, Palras, GREECE Key words: angiogenesis, cancer, fit-I, KDR, thrombin, thrombin receptor, thrombosis, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) Abstract: Promotion of tumour progression by thrombin is suggested by several clinical and laboratory observations.
Maisonpierre P. , Jones P. , Weigand S. , et al. ,1997, Angiopoietin-2, a natural antagonist for Tie-2 that disrupts in-vivo angiogenesis. Science 277: 55-60. 8. Valenzuela D. , Griffiths J. , Aldrich T. , Jones P. , et a!. ,1999, Angiopoietins 3 and 4: Diverging gene counterparts in mice and humans. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (USA) 96: 1904-1909. 9. Hanahan D. ,1997, Signaling vascular morphogenesis and maintenance. Science 277: 4850. , Rao P. and Peters K. ,1995, GRB2 and SH-PTP2:potentially important endothelial signaling molecules downstream of the TEKlTIE2 receptor tyrosine kinase.
Angiogenesis: From the Molecular to Integrative Pharmacology by Michael E. Maragoudakis (auth.), Michael E. Maragoudakis (eds.)